Montag, 27. April 2015

Nature and silence in Lohjansaari

After Easter my boyfriend and 4 of his friends came to visit me and with them I explored the nature and silence in Finland. Therefore we rented a car and went to stay in a cottage in the middle of nowhere near Lohjansaari which is located between Turku and Helsinki.
At first, we had some difficulties finding the cottage because it was situated in the countryside of Southern Finland and we had to pass a forrest with some really bad roads until we finally arrived at the cottage. But nevertheless, in the end we managed to get there.
The lake near the cottage
The cottage


The location of the cottage was overwhelming because it was absolutely peaceful and silent. Next to the cottage there was a lovely lake where we went swimming after the sauna. The sauna was heated up with wood and therefore we got the typical Finnish feeling of sauna even though it was quite smoky sometimes. Jumping into the lake afterwards was just the icing on the cake. 

This weekend I also had my first barbecue for this season. It was huge and included not only meat like steak and sausages but also different kinds of salads, barbecue sauces, ...
My first barbecue for this season
I also went for a walk there and enjoyed being part of the nature. Near the area there were quite a few summer cottages where some other people spent their weekend as well because of the fact that the weather was extremely nice. Discovering the area not only by foot but also by car we did some grocery shopping. In the mornings we had a lovely breakfast and after 2 nights we drove back to Helsinki where I had to say goodbye to my visitors and take the bus back to Turku.
This weekend was intensely relaxing and I really enjoyed the time in the Finnish nature together with those 5 guys. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen