Montag, 27. April 2015

blueberry pie

On one of the Sundays here in Turku I was able to try a finnish blueberry pie which is known to be a traditional finnish dessert. I was spending time together with my finnish friend this day and she baked a blueberry cake for me.
Blueberry pie
A really nice Sunday afternoon
When I walked into her apartment at the student village I could already smell the cake. I was such a nice odeur and tasted delicious. Once I tried to do a blueberry cake on my own but it turned out a little bit different. Essi's dough was more thick and did not look like the flaky pastry I had.

The cake was amazing and perfectly fit with a cup of tea. During our tea break we had been talking to each other and Essi informed me about her plans to go skiing on Easter.

In Finland a lot of the people are able to ski and when travelling more far up to the North some skiing resorts offer various kinds of winter activities so for example in Levi or Saariselkä in Lapland or in Salo which lies next to Turku. But those mountains are not comparable to the ones in Austria or Switzerland at all. They equal more a hill than a mountain but I still like the opportunity that you are able to go skiing in Finland. 

Aside from that the landscape is perfect to do other sports such as cross country skiing or skating. Having said that, I have to mention here that those activities are easier to do in Northern Finland because normally in Turku it is snowing just a few times in winter and the city therefore sometimes looks more grey and dark. But anyhow, I still like the city and now when it's getting lighter and brighter every day it's becoming even more pretty. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen