Dienstag, 7. April 2015

Lapland - Husky safari and sledging

The week in Lapland past so quick and the last day of our jouney was already there. On the 8th of March we drove back to Helsinki by bus and stopped at different places.

One of the places we visited on our way back home was Saariselkä, where some other students stayed for the week. In Saariselkä there are different possibilities of spending your leisure time like downhill skiing, cross country skiing, sledging etc.

When we arrived in Saariselkä, I first went for a walk around the village with my Spanish and Mexican friends and even had a sandwich with rendeir meat. It was the first time I tried some rendeir meat and due to the fact that everyone told me that it is cheaper in Lapland and in their point of view really good, I had to try it. Rendeir meat tastes like a mixture of beef and chicken and I can say that I quite liked it.

Being strenghtened ,I now was ready for the husky safari, which was my last activity particitpating in Lapland. We jumped on the slegdes (one of us in the front and one of us in the back) and started the ride through the forest on a sledge pulled by husky dog.
I went with Kristina a girl from Mexico and can add here that this ride was one of my best experiences ever. During the ride, we were in charge of stopping the dogs from running by turning down a brake. It was an unbelievable good time. I really liked the dogs as they were really beautiful and also the puppies which we were allowed to pet afterwards were so cute. In the end I wanted to take one husky dog back home with me but was told that the need a lot of training and exercise. This 2 hours passed so quick and it was time to leave back to Saariselkä.





Because of the reason that the hills in Finland are quite small and I didn't want to spend 50 euros more for 2 hours of skiing, I went sledging with some friends of mine. We got some sledges at one of the hotels in Saariselkä and enjoyed our time sledging down the hill and finding out which sledge has been the fastest.
After one hour of sledging and spending time with my new friends, it was time to say goodbye, which was really awful for my as I already locked my new friends into my heart.


I would not want to miss this trip, the experiences I made and also all the people I have met during the trip. We even decided to visit each other although we live quite far away from each other but I can not wait to see them again.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen