Dienstag, 7. April 2015

Lapland - Artic ocean

On Friday the bus drove us to Norway where we went to the sauna and had a delicious fish soup. We stopped at a viewpoint on the way to the sauna place and caught a glimpse of the artic ocean and the surrounding nature. We even took a look at the Sami huts and an old church next to it.
Sami huts

church near the huts
At the village in Norway, where we got our lunch, which consisted of fish soup, bread, tea and chocolate we were able to try some caramalised cheese. This Fløtemysost cheese tastes really sweet and can be produced in many different ways. I tried four different types, goat milk, normal milk, the mixed and the creamy one. I could not compare it to any cheese at home and even though it was something completely new, I could not convince myself to buy one as I was not that into it but anyway it was lovely to try it once.
Fløtemysost cheese
We went to the sauna after lunch and the sauna was also a new experience to me even though I had been ice swimming before. They told us there that the sauna has no running water at all because they want to protect the nature.
The woman who was working there was quite old and extremely friendly.
After being to the sauna, we ran down to the beach and jumped into the ocean where we swam for a short time. Doing that was amazing but the water was again icecold. After the swimming in the artic ocean are skin was a little bit salty but totally refreshed.

The Artic Ocean


 In the evening when coming back I additionally managed to see the northern lights because the sky was clear and we had been out to make a bonfire. It can not describe the feeling when I first saw them, it was just overwhelming. I was starring into the sky for almost two hours and gazed the different colours of the northern lights. They had been green, a bit red and orange.
I was so lucky being able to see them because the sky was not really clear the other days and seeing them was one of the biggest wishes when being in Finland.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen