Montag, 13. April 2015

Finnish people

I have already met a few Finnish people and did an interview about what Finns are like with some Finnish students from one of our courses at university.

If the two countries Finland and Switzerland, where I am actually studying are compared, one can see a signifant difference in Masculinity. Switzerland represents more a preference in achievments, heroism and material reward for success whereas Finland stands for modesty, taking care of the others and quality of life.

I was able to experience the willigness to help several times being in Finland. This week my laptop broke down and I was not able to switch it on again. I had to go to a shop to get it repaired. At the shop they told me that they would recommend to send the laptop to the brand's repair center in Helsinki because I still have some warranty on it. Even though they could not fix it, one of the workers helped me talking to the repair center and filling out the form as they were mainly talking in Finnish. He also searched for a package to put it into and send it to Helsinki. I was so grateful about the kindness and willingness to help.

Another experience about how friendly Finnish people are was given to me when being at university. Two of the students studying with me were wondering if I already have plans where to get my lunch. They suggested to come with them and have lunch at the other university and even gave me a lift there. I really enjoyed lunch and had a really good talk with them.

Finns are suppost to be very calm but when it comes to hockey they can become really competitive. Never compare a Finn with a Swedish person. Finns think of Swedish persons to be gay and over-friendly. I was told by a Finnish friend that she thinks Finns are a little bit jealous of the Swedish because they are smart and would smile a lot. In her point of view Swedish men are more handsome than Finnish men and they would also be more talkative.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen