Dienstag, 14. April 2015

Easter brunch

On Easter Sunday I went to Naantali together with Marion and Julia. I have visited Naantali in January with my friends from university but this time the village looked completely different beause of the snow which had already disappeared.

This time the village looked even more lively due to the tourists that walked around the area and the two cafés that have been opened down the harbour.
When we arrived in Naantali we first explored the area by foot and went to see the Muumi world. Sadly this place is still closed until June but otherwise there would be some Muumis walking around the town and some activities and attractions offered to children and families.
Naantali
The Mumin world
Last but not least of our stay there we went to one of the cafés and had some waffles and a coffee. Yam..the waffles where really delicious but also big, so I was completely full and could hardly move when we went back to take the bus home. :) I think Naantali is especially in Spring a nice place to visit when the weather is getting warmer and you can go for a walk through the village.

Amandis Café - lovely waffles and coffee
On Easter Monday I invited some friends over to have an Easter brunch. Therefore I baked some easter bunnies which I would usually also make at home. They are made out of a sweet dough and shaped to little bunnies being eaten with jam and butter when they come out of the oven.
Easter brunch
Moreover, we had some scones made by Julia, bread, cheese, ham, birchermuesli which is part of a typical Austrian breakfast, coffee and juice. My friends from Northern Ireland had not tried any kind of birchermuesli before but they really liked it.


I could not think of the time I had a propper breakfast the last time and so it was absolutely lovely to have a full breakfast for Easter. When celebrating Easter a brunch with friends and family a brunch can't be missed. I even got an Easter bunny from Julia and also one from my family at home which they had sent me over together with some sweets I really fancy. I was totally overwhelmed and happy because of the fact that I can have a real Easter in Turku.

Easter food in Finland

In Turku they only sell chocolate easter eggs for Easter and sometimes children would also paint eggs as we would also do in my home country.

Moreover, the traditional easter dish for Easter in Finland is called Mami which is a black mash served with cream, sugar and sometimes also ice cream. I had the pleasure to try it but I did not really like it as it was the plain one. Nevertheless, I have been told by lots of Finnish people that most of them do not like it either.
Mämmi (www.essen-und-trinken.de, 14.4.15)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen