Montag, 27. April 2015

Easter in Turku

The weekend from the 3rd to the 6th of April was also in Turku a time dedicated to spend time with family and friends. At home I would always celebrate Easter with my family that is why I was somehow a bit disappointed not to have my family around but I still stayed at some time at some friends' place and had a lovely time in Turku during Easter.

On 'Good Friday' evening I reserved the sauna near our apartment in Varissuo. Because of the fact that I am living in an apartment of TYS I have been given the opportunity to book a sauna shift four times in a month and therefore I went to the sauna with a friend of mine.
Being quite tired afterwards, we went for some tea and talked to each other. My flatmate and her visitor also joined us and the evening turned out to be enormously relaxing and nice.

The next day some other friends who are living in Paivenpaiste, which is another location of accomodation for exchange students and local students, invited me to join them going climbing.
I have already been climbing once with an event organised by the ESN Turku. 
Climbing with ESN
When I arrived at the building I went climbing the first time, I realised that there was actually nobody there. In the end I called my french friend and found out that I was suposed to be at another climbing hall. Luckily he picked me up with his car and drove me to the bouldering hall.
I had a really nice time there and additionally met some new people from different nationalities which I really liked a lot. I stayed at the bouldering hall with Leonie (French), Hugo (French), Hugo (French), David (German), Ryan (The Netherlands) and Antoine (French) where I enjoyed doing sports and especially climbing again as I used to go climbing at home too when I was younger. I felt absolutely gorgeous being able to climb again.

After I cooked my dinner I went to the sauna at Paivenpaiste with Leonie and Antoine and had a drink with some exchange students from Paivenpaiste and Varissuo. In the evening there was a party taking place at Portti near the city center. You could tell that all the exchange students knew about this party because there where also a lot of students form the student village which is another location of TYS. Saturday had been a highly exhausting day but also extremely enjoyable because of the time I spend together with those people.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen