Samstag, 7. Februar 2015

Travelling around the area - local buses

To get to IKEA the next days I tried to take the local busses for the first time which turned out to be not that easy as I thought it to be. I luckily soon found out that there is an online trip planner called “Brahe” (http://reittiopas.turku.fi/en/) on the internet where I could look up the different busses and connections.

But although I knew where to go to I didn’t know at which bus stop to get out. In the beginning I counted the bus stops shown on the map of the online trip planner and knew then whether to get out or not. I could never be completely sure if I got the right one because I did not know what the stop was called. The following days I assumed that the names of the bus stops are written on the yellow signs at the bus stop and even figured out that each bus stop has a different number. This made it a lot easier to travel around and I started to get to know the finnish way of taking a bus. All my doubts disappeared when having taken the bus for several times and I even started to appreciate the bus connections here in Turku.

Unlike at home the buses from Varissuo to the city centre leave every 5 minutes during the week and at weekends the buses run every 10 minutes. This turned out to be something completely different for me as the buses at home only leave every half an hour.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen