Samstag, 7. Februar 2015

The orientation day and cooking evening

On the orientation day on Monday 5th of January I had the opportunity to meet a lot of people from different countries, for example Russian, French, Northern Irish, British, German, Swiss, Canadian, Austrian and of course Finnish students.  Never before I had experienced so many different cultures and experiences and I was highly interested in the talks I had with those people. I would really like to learn a bit more about the culture of Finland and countries of other exchange students. That is why I really appreciated the possibility to get a Finnish tutor and also to take part in the friendship programme where you meet someone from Finland.


Having met three Northern Irish girls at the orientation who are also studying Social Services, we decided to gather for a cooking evening at our place and organise some trips while being in Finland. It was very interesting to chat and learn more about the Irish culture. 
dinner with Emma, Aimée, Sarah, Marion and me

Moreover we had some Pasta and the famous Glögg which I have been told to be a traditional winter drink in Finland. The Glögg is a non-alcoholic fruit drink which you heat up to drink. It tastes similar to the "Glühwein" but is a little bit more sweet and contains no alcohol. This evening we also managed to book our first trip to Helsinki with the Onnibus.

Glögg




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen