Sonntag, 1. Februar 2015

Arrival in Finland and finding my way in Turku

It was the 2nd of January when I left home to start my adventures in Finland and take my flight to Helsinki. On the one hand, I knew this was certainly going to be a great time I will never forget, but on the other hand, I was also nervous as I had to say goodbye to family and friends and start finding my feet in Turku. I was now going to stay in Finland for 5 months and studying at the Turku University of Applied Sciences for one semester.

plane from Berlin to Helsinki (first finnish feeling - drawings on the plane)
Following a whole day of travelling together with a friend who was coming with me to study at the Turku University of Applied Sciences (TUAS), we finally arrived in Helsinki.
Our flight was followed by two delays due to bad weather and a damage at the plane. But anyway we luckily managed to get to Helsinki and took the Onnibus to Turku.
From the Caribia Hotel in Turku my tutor’s boyfriend drove us to our apartment in Varissuo which is about 20 minutes from the city centre of Turku. It was the first time we had met our tutor students who had been very helpful organizing our trip to Finland. 

My first impressions of the Finnish people and the experiences I have had so far, did not match with what I was told before. The Finnish were meant to be quite reserved and shy but I noticed them being extremely friendly and helpful.

After this completely exhausting day of travelling and my first meeting with Finnish people and culture I was really tired but looking forward to my next experiences in Finland.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen